Monday, September 12, 2016

September 12, 2016

Miracles inside me

This week was a week of fun and adventures, I got transfer calls and I will be going to Van nuys, AKA the pit of the mission, it is often called Van nasty by others who have gone there before, but everyone who has come from it say it is the best place ever, so I guess that even though it is nasty there is a lot of great things going on, I am super excited for the next couple months.

The miracle of this week is that I felt true charity for someone, there was this lady who passed us Anti Mormon Pamphlets and I told her straight forward that they were only telling a half truth and not the full story and so they were false, and I felt super contentious and angry at her for some reason, and started telling her that we were right and all the reasons for it, and she got out a book all on anti Mormon stuff ready to go into a full on bash, and I opened the book of Mormon to tell what was what, but I ended up turning to 3 Nephi 11:7-9 where Jesus Christ comes to the nephites, and started reading, once I finished reading those verses, all of a sudden I looked up at this woman who was railing on us and shoving anti at us, and I loved her with all of my heart, and was amazed because a moment before I was filled with contention, and the rest of the conversation I was so calm and loving and we shared a few scriptures Moroni 7:12-15 where it talks about how all good things come from God, and even reading that she was trying to find the flaws in it to exploit, but she couldn't because she believed it as well bt she wouldn't admit that we believed the same and I kept reading how satan is in conflict with God and his purposes, she continued to bash on us throughout but I felt love and patience throughout her trying to disprove us and eventually we read that we shouldn't judge that which is good and of God to be that which is bad and of the devil. and we left it at that.

it was the most possative experience for me even thought she hardened her heart even more to our words it felt so good to talk to her, because I could see her as a child of God.

OH! HAPPY BIRTHDAY BEN AND MIA!!!! I miss you guys so much! I hope you are doing well and that you are getting what you want out of life, remember to stay strong in the Gospel because it is true don't be afraid to share it with others, and if you ever have doubts or questions remember that GOd is the Ultimate source of truth, and he will help you to know what is true in a way that you will understand.

I love you all! I hope all is going well with the House and life.

Love

Josh

Me with The Dubon Family

 

Me and the Olsens




The Saugus 3rd elders, Me, Elder Chappell, Elder Postelnicu, Elder Davis.
 

Us with he Aubrie Family




No comments:

Post a Comment