Monday, March 14, 2016

March 14, 2014

From Josh:

This is a new thing I am trying out, we shall see how it goes.

Tuesday March 8 2016

Anthony has read all the way to 2 Nephi and he says he really agrees with it though he is hung up on a lot of issues with the church he said that he didn't really know yet whether this church was for him, we were able to answer a lot of his concerns and the spirit really was there.

Wednesday March 9 2016

So many miracles today I am unsure where to start, today we met with an older lady named Beverly. We met her a couple days previous and she acted a but suspicious at first but when she saw us she opened the door wide and listened while we did our regular door approach and amazingly! She gave us a date where we could return! So we got there and somehow we got it into our heads that her name was Sharon so at first a man answered we asked for Sharon and was turned away feeling a bit rejected and while walking away was called back saying that Beverly was waiting for two handsomely dressed young men, so we went back and was able to meet with her and tell her of the Restoration of the Gospel of Jesus Christ, after words we asked to pray to know if it was true, and she said she already knew, confused we asked how, and she said when she opened her door for the first time she was prepared to turn us away, and when she saw us, she said she could see "the light of God all around us" and she knew we were from God, and I marveled because it bore witness to me that we are acting under God and as such he gives us his light to share with the world.

Thursday March 10 2016

So today we were knocking and after a door we were walking away when two men stopped us, and introduced themselves as Wes and Shay, and they commended us for being "fellow missionaries in the work" Wes was the main speaker and he went on to tell us that he had a church group of youth that he was running inspiring youth to go out and proclaim the Gospel. the best way to describe Wes is a Hippi surfer dude, "its good to see millennials out in the work of God Dude, Just like it says in Matthew, man, you God to let your light so shine and stuff, you know? like the Great lord said, the field is white, and dude you are harvesting with thy sickle and stuff like that man" he the proceeded to invite us to speak in his non denomination youth church, sadly it was out of our area so we were unable to attend.

Friday March 11 2016

We went to Larry Bells finally! (one of our investigators who just wouldn't set a return date for two weeks. it was only 30 mins so we focused on the atonement and how we had to have faith in Christ and come unto him. He said he can't believe in a God who demands so much from his children, He knows that God exists but doubts he would ever ask us to do something that we don't want to. so we need to work past that. 

Saturday March 12 2016

Today we Helped a man to clean out his garage, In California they do not us their garages for their cars, instead they use it as an extra storage area, and Carlos (the name of this man) had stuffed all sorts of objects into his garage, we opened it up and it was a wall of junk in front of us, so much I didn't know where to start, but we got most of it done.

Sunday March 13 2016

We got to attend a Fireside were one of the members in my ward Brother Willis spoke on his conversion from Black Panther to the Church. The black panther group was a black extremest group against white oppression and did a lot of crazy things, Bro. Willis spoke on Drug trafficking Gun stocking and gun fights that he got into, and his journey from that to being a member of the church, he is the coolest guy ever he is in his 50's now and really loves the Gospel.

From Mom:

That's fantastic, Josh! Grandma will be proud you are using her journalling method. Our piano is getting tuned at the moment and I think I will create a Gospel analogy for it. It's now 114 years old but it needs more regular checking and tuning to ring clear and true. Thinking.....

From Josh:


Wow so that is what our piano looks like all taken apart, thank you so much for the pictures, It is one thing that makes me feel like part of everyone's life, and I love hearing all the stories.



Church is very important to go to because it is a tuning process to make sure we are able to play all the right notes during the week. When we miss church we can still sound good but the sound is reduced and if we continually miss that weekly tune up we will eventually lose all sense of tune and though we can still play the notes will all be skewed and out of whack


I hope everyone is doing well, and keeping up with their scripture reading. I find the story of Moroni and the Freemen so intriguing and think we should start a club called the Freemen, holding to those same values stated in the Book of Mormon with the title of Liberty as a standard. this is just something on my mind to start after my mission, an organization that upholds the values of freedom and truth.

I have been recently contemplating a lot, there is one thing about missions they can at times be so hard, there have been many days here where we will spend hours knocking on doors and getting doors slammed in our faces, but hearing that doesn't sound as discouraging as it actually is. because it is more then getting doors slammed in our faces. There are days where people will scorn and question and degrade us for hours. There will be doors where they will spout off a short quip of anti before slamming the door, there will be people who will tell you that you are waisting your time, that you are useless, that you are brainwashed, that you should just stick to your own religion and not bother anyone else.
There have been days where I have question why I even try, why I am here on a mission, there have been days where I have felt all alone in to world being a Mormon, there have been days where spiteful questions and comments about what I believe have shaken me to the core. I have been attacked, accused of spreading lies, called stupid, cursed at, berated and I know that I haven't seen even the worst of it. 
So why do I do this? is it worth it? 
This is what I have come to learn, That it is worth it, Why do I do this? Because I know that this is true, and I cannot deny it, I know that the truth has made me feel Joy beyond expression, I do this because I love the Lord, I love this Gospel. and I want to share it with the world. There is one thing that has been stated that is true "the truth will always be apposed" 
I do this because I know that it is the one thing that needs to be done, and when I face those difficult days, I take comfort that I am doing the will of God, and that as long as I am doing that I cannot give up. 

From Mom:

You explained the reason why we do things perfectly. It IS true. All of it. There nothing more to say. And we keep inviting others to partake of the Joy that can be felt. One day we'll have to face our Heavenly Father and I'll want to be able to look him in the eye in confidence. Keep going, my boy. You are doing more good than you realize.

From Josh:

Here are a couple photo's I have taken, I haven't been able to take much photo's as I have been super busy. but here a few




From Mom:

And I LOVE your study desk picture!

From Josh:

The problem is that I do not want to look like a tourist and I forget it is safely hidden in my bag until it is the end of the day,. You have no idea how much work it is to be a missionary, I bet dad could tell you a little, most days all I can think about it the next appointment and sticking to our plans for the day, and before I know it is the end of the week and I look and I say to myself wait? what happened to the day? let alone the week! it feels like I have been in California about a week, though it has actually been a month.

I have the perfect companionship picture but it is in the worst position. something I didn't realize until I looked at the picture again, can you tell what is wrong with it. think it is salvageable? :( 



From Mom:

Hahahaha. Definitely the laugh of the day. Hahaha. I love it. (It may or may not end up in the blog dad is doing for you.)
Is it true that the days are long and the weeks are short?

From Josh:

well looking back at the day's it feels like the days are short and the weeks are short and WHAT THE HECK I HAVE BEEN OUT 3 MONTHS! no wonder missionaries need to schedule their time wisely.

From Mom:

Steph said she could Photoshop your photo for you. I sent it to her. Time is going fast, but I can feel a break down coming. Be prepared for a mushy email soon. Hahaha. LOVE YOU!


No comments:

Post a Comment