Monday, August 14, 2017

August 14, 2017 - A lot of changes...

From Josh:

This is the beginning of a new transfer and things are going to be crazy, I will be training with my current companion, a visa waiter, I am super excited and nervous, also the fact that I will be Co-district leader as well, I definitely will be needing the spirit in this. 

This week went by way too fast, I can hardly put my thoughts together as to what happened, we were able to see some pretty cool miracles, one of the people we picked up as an investigator me and Elder Bergeron both had talked to before and he was not too interested both times, but we knocked into him again and started talking and through the conversation we were able to pick him up as a new investigator. 
We have this thing called the Miracle Hotline that we send cool experiences in and this is what I put. 

Miracle! We were knocking doors, it was a street we knocked before and not many people talked to us. We knocked on a house that we remembered and it was the same person as before with the same response of, "Yea not interested." But we persisted. He said he does not go to church because all churches seem self-centered. We talked about how Christ had a church and he said,"Yea, I would join Christ’s church." Long story short, we taught him The Restoration, taught to his needs, and now he is on date. He stated, "I wasn't going to answer the door and I usually tell you to leave, but for some reason I listened. Maybe this is a sign that this is the direction I have been searching for."#preparedbeforeyouknow #lastdoor #donotendKOearly!

we were able to send another miracle in as well. 

Miracle! We were knocking doors and we were not finding much success but we continued faithfully. We were going to be late for an appointment but we felt we should knock one last door. A lady answered and we started teaching. She stopped us and told us to hold on while she took something off the stove. When she came back, her daughter came with her. We were able to teach them The Restoration. She told us that she wasn't going to answer the door but she felt like she should for some reason. She said that it was a sign that she needed to start being more religious in her life and we testified of this message. We will be going back to share more! #letthheholyspiritguide #justonemoredoor #followthespirit!

I have been so blessed to be here in this mission, there have been so any hard experiences that I have had to work through, the other day a member told us that a mission isn't just the best two years of your life, but it is the best two years for your life, and I have to agree, through my mission and through everyones mission I think, it is sort of a refining fire that burns off a lot of excess self and reveals a better me, I can feel that I have changes so much, and it is going to be sooooo weird getting home and seeing everyone and adapting back into regular life. wearing t-shirts is weird, socializing without talking about the gospel in a conversation is something I have forgotten how to do. I am just enjoying the time I have at this moment being able to preach the gospel and being a missionary. 

I have officially ran out of food and its lucky that I am shopping today because I looked in the fridge this morning and it was completely empty. luckily I had a few odds and ends to make breakfast. 

I love you all a ton, I am looking forward to this transfer, though there were a few days this week that I was surprised by trunkyness, I have had to shrug it off more and more, its almost unconscious, but all of a sudden I will start not being motivated at all then I will have to shake myself free of those feelings and move on. 

stay safe and keep growing in the gospel, magnify your roles in the ward and seek to understand the will of God over all things. 

love 

Josh


Another transfer with this guy!

Ben and Jerry's vermont original, (had to try it because of Elder Bergeron)


Bike life! got to cut down on miles in the car. 

No comments:

Post a Comment